Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is a last minute throw together.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef, onion and bacon for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent; drain excess fat.
- In a 3 quart casserole dish combine the vinegar mustard ketchup brown sugar green bell pepper kidney beans chili beans pork and beans and the meat mixture.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, remove from oven and top with cheese and crushed corn chips.
Made it for lunch kids loved it. Thank you for sharing, definitely a keeper.
I made this for my husband and he loved it. He said it is a meal alone. It is simple also and you can make it ahead and bake later.
Quick, easy & filling. Topped w/ shredded cheddar instead of American cheese slices, but probably didn't make it that much different. A good old American supper.