Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
quick and tasty freezer enchiladas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook ground been, onion and jalepeno.
- add refried beans, tomato sauce and cumin.
- simmer for 15 minutes.
- microwave tortillas for 15 seconds to soften.
- pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x9 pan.
- add filling to tortillas, roll up, place in pan seam side down and cover with remaining sauce.
- to use: thaw overnight, sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes.
I used a green enchilada sauce and low-carb tortillas. Just the right amount of spice/heat with one jalapeno. The directions specify a 9x9 pan, but I needed a 13x9 dish. An easy-to-make dish that can be easily doubled.
Quick and easy with great flavor. My husband and son thought it was good. Will be a quick "go to". I served it with chopped lettuce, homemade tortilla chips, salsa, and sour cream. They thought the plate looked like it was from a restaurant.