Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A very good meal, with 3 kinds of beans, ground beef, and seasonings.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (850.48 g) can pork and beans
- 425.24 g can butter beans, rinsed, and draained
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 368.54 g bag corn chips
- 226.79 g packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml oregano
- In a medium size skillet, brown ground beef, and onion, drain and transfer to a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Add bacon, and all 4 cans of beans.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, pepper, and oregeno.
- Add to slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, spoon over corn chips, and sprinkle cheese over top.
Wonderful flavor! Omitted the corn chips. We enjoyed this for lunch today. I'm sure it will become one of our favorites. Easy preparation. Prepared as a participant in the Sept 2009 Aus/NZ Swap #32.