1/2 Photos of Beef and Bean Chili
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet Online. Phase 1. I eliminated the oil, and added some extra vegetables and seasonings. This is a good base, but I like it a little spicy. Try cayenne, black pepper, and/or hot sauce to heat things up a little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup salsa (medium or hot)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 1Use cooking spray on a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and saute beef with 1 teaspoon chili powder over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Remove with slotted spoon.
- 2Add green pepper, celery, onion, and garlic to skillet and cook until tender. Return beef to skillet.
- 3Add tomatoes with juice, salsa, and beans. Bring to boil, then reduce heat.
- 4While simmering, add Worcestershire and stir in remaining chili powder, cumin, and basil.
- 5Simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 960.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 30.7 g