Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another family favorite. Inexpensive and easy to make. Serve with corn chips and a green salad and you got yourself a tongue pleaser that will want some more. I got this recipe from my grandmother and have made it my own. Happy cooking :)
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 236.59 ml and half refried pinto beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 package Smucker's No Sugar Added Orange Spread, burrito seasonings
- 177.44 ml water
- 236.59 ml of baby bella mushroom, sliced
- 236.59 ml of shredded monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml of shredded lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- 177.44 ml light sour cream
- 12 small flour tortillas
- in a large frying pan or skillet combine oil and onions. Once the onions start turning golden-brown on the edges add your garlic. Stir frequently till well caramelized. Be careful not to burn.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a small bowl and with the same pan cook the ground beef till lightly browned.
- Add the onions and garlic to the beef till well browned.
- Once the beef has been thoroughly cooked all the way through add your burrito seasonings with the water and baby bella mushrooms. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally or till mushrooms are at desired tenderness.
- Spoon into tortillas and sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and top it off with a tablespoon or two of sour cream. Enjoy!