Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 boneless chuck roast
- 1 package dry burrito mix
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa (mild, medium or hot according to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup water (just enough to cover the bottom of crockpot)
- 1 can refried beans
- Place chuck roast in crockpot and add burrito mix and water.
- Turn the roast a few times and swish it around to blend in the mix.
- Add the salsa, cover and cook on low 12 to 14 hours or until the meat is falling apart. Wrap flour tortillas in foil and warm in a 325% oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While tortillas are warming heat up beans.
- On the middle of the tortillas from place some of the meat, some beans and some grated cheddar cheese if desired.
- You want to leave about 1/2 inch at the top and the bottom and have the mixture go out to the sides about a couple of inches.
- Fold over the top and the bottom and then fold one said then the other.
- I add grated cheddar cheese to the beans during the last couple of minutes of heating them up as well as adding beans to my burritos.
- Oh and I like mine hotter then the rest of the family so I add extra salsa to mine before rolling up.
- Simple bean and cheese burritos can be made using can beans and grated cheese..
- Heat beans, heat tortillas and put together as above.