Top Review by kawinton1
We cooked Spanish Rice and added a rinsed and drained can of black beans to the rice then layered the burrito w/ the bean/rice mixture and then the beef mixture then some cheese. Baked at 350 for 20 mins and they filled my impossible-to-fill-husband! He LOVED them and was so full after 2!! We froze the rest individually and I am so happy to say goodbye to those expensive disgusting "burritos" from the freezer section!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (31 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 large flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add beef and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, cumin & other seasonings.
- Stir in tomato sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add refried beans and cook and stir until well blended.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Divide meat mixture into 12 portions.
- Soften tortillas, according to package instructions, and place a portion of meat on each.
- Roll up, burrito style.
- These may be frozen as follows.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and freeze until frozen.
- Wrap each individually and return to freezer.