Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (31 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 large flour tortillas
- Saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add beef and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, cumin & other seasonings.
- Stir in tomato sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add refried beans and cook and stir until well blended.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Divide meat mixture into 12 portions.
- Soften tortillas, according to package instructions, and place a portion of meat on each.
- Roll up, burrito style.
- These may be frozen as follows.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and freeze until frozen.
- Wrap each individually and return to freezer.
We cooked Spanish Rice and added a rinsed and drained can of black beans to the rice then layered the burrito w/ the bean/rice mixture and then the beef mixture then some cheese. Baked at 350 for 20 mins and they filled my impossible-to-fill-husband! He LOVED them and was so full after 2!! We froze the rest individually and I am so happy to say goodbye to those expensive disgusting "burritos" from the freezer section!
I added cheese and extra chili powder, garlic powder and canned tomatoes. They were very good. I baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes. I liked that this recipe used tomato sauce in the filling. Thank you for posting this recipe!
Just made this, it's rrrrrrrrrreally good! Couldn't stop eating the beef mixture while it cooled. I added some kidney beans to the mix just to increase the amount of fibre. Thanks for the suggestion to freeze, it will make for an easy lunch! Thanks!