Recipe by Tuffykenwell
Really delicious and easy recipe and one that freezes well. I like to make a double batch and wrap each burrito with just the beef and bean filling in a paper towel and put them in a freezer bag. Just take out one and microwave 30-60 seconds (depending on your microwave). Just as tasty as store bought burritos but much cheaper! Just serve with salsa and sour cream on top! The spicy seasoning mix referred to in this recipe is number 249944 on recipezaar.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon spicy seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 8 flour tortillas (each about 8 inches, warmed)
- lettuce (thinly sliced) (optional)
- tomatoes (chopped) (optional)
- green onion (sliced) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Sprinkle seasoning mix and salt over beef. Stir in tomato sauce.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans; heat through.
- To Asssemble: Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture in center of each tortilla.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes and green onions, if desired.
- Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges.