Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
An old standby for a quick lunch. Pick your own heat for the green chilis. Easy on the budget.
- 1⁄2 lb beef round steak, cut into 1 in. strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and slightly mashed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over med. heat.
- Add steak and garlic.
- Cook until desired doneness (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in beans, chilis, and cilantro.
- Cook and stir 7 minutes.
- Spoon mixture on tortillas.
- Top with cheese.
- Fold bottom up, fold sides over.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream.
These burritos made a nice lunch, although I have to admit that I replaced the pinto beans with Diana Neal’s Refried Beans, and I replaced the cilantro with a couple tablespoons of Recaito cilantro-based seasoning sauce (just personal preference).