Recipe by HoosierMomOf5
I use this as a burrito filling and also for taco salads. Add some lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream...whatever you like...yum!
Top Review by Bauline Baker
I use this recipe regularly as a guide. It's easy to tweak it a little depending on your taste and what you have on hand. Tonight I used a minced jalapeno for extra kick, a smaller can of beans and extra spice. I wrap some in tortillas, put grated cheese over them and bake them until they're a little crispy. They are so good. Thanks for the recipe - it's one of my go-to meals now.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (31 ounce) can refried beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in the oil until tender.
- Add the beef and garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the chili powder, cumin and other seasonings.
- Stir in tomato sauce and simmer for five minutes.
- Add refried beans and cook and stir until well blended.