Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is not a fancy or pretty dish, just a plain old wonderful comfort food. I found this recipe in a magazine, made a couple of changes to suit my families taste and this is the results. Cook and enjoy!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with the chopped onion, until the beef is browned; drain.
- Place meat mixture in a 3 qt.
- casserole dish which has been sprayed with oil.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the meat mixture.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I used brown basmati rice, because that's what we had in the cabinets :) It was still a win with everyone (even though some wanted to spice it up a little more which is great that everyone can have spicy or not so spicy) ! Thanks!
This was so simple and tasty! I used brown rice and it worked just fine - we will definitely make this again!
This is indeed comfort food as its best. We loved this casserole. It was so very easy to put together and so very tasty. I served this with a vegetable salad and fresh crusty bread. I will be making this recipe again soon. Thanks Jellyqueen!