1/1 Photo of Beef and Barley Soup
3 hrs 20 mins
Stella Mae's Note:
This hearty soup is a favorite recipe from Mrs Hubert Humphrey, wife of the former Vice President.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put meat and soup bone in heavy 3-quart kettle; cover with cold water, about 4 cups.
- 2Add salt, pepper and bay leaves.
- 3Bring rapidly to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat.
- 5Add carrots, barley, celery and onion; cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 2 ½ hours.
- 6Remove and discard bone and bay leaves.
- 7Cut meat into bite-size pieces and return to soup.
- 8Mix in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon cube and oregano.
- 9Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Barley Soup
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 973.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: