Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
365 Easy One Dish Meals
Make and share this Beef and Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large soup kettle, combine beef, water, and bouillon cubes.
- Heat to boiling; skim off foam. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove beef and cut into bite sized pieces, discarding any bone or fat. Return beef to pot.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, barley, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 30-40 minutes, until barley is tender.
- Stir in spinach during last 15 minutes of cooking time.