Quick, easy and very tasty.
Make and share this Beef and Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) cooked lean beef
- 1⁄2 cup barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- ground black pepper
- Chop meat into bite size pieces, set aside.
- In a large soup pot saute onions and celery in oil. Place aside.
- In same pot add water, beef bouillon cubes, sugar, 1/4 teaspoons pepper, stewed tomatoes (chopped if you prefer smaller bites), bay leaf, beef and barley.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in sauteed vegetables and frozen vegetables
- Cook until thoroughly heated and season to taste.