Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe from, but am always asked to bring them during the summer months. A real easy recipe but very, very yummy!
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (any of your favorite)
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup water, only if needed
- Mix all of the above ingredients together and place in a large glass bowl. Marinate for 24 hours in refrigerator to let flavors meld.
- Place beans in baking dish and cover. Place in a cold oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.