Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Barbecue Recipes cookbook, these simple kabobs are easy and tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lb sirloin steak, 1-inch cubes
- 14 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into squares
- 12 small mushroom caps
- In small bowl, blend steak sauce, sherry and honey.
- Place beef cubes in nonmetal dish; coat with 1/4 cup steak sauce mixture.
- Cover; chill 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef cubes from marinade.
- Wrap half bacon slice around each cube.
- Alternately thread beef and bacon cubes, onion, pepper and mushrooms onto 4 (10-inch) metal skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or to desired doneness, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining steak sauce mixture.
- Serve immediately.
These kabobs were fantastic! I made as written except used red, yellow and orange bell peppers along with some red onion- no mushrooms. I let the meat marinate all day, which made dinner really easy. And I cut the bacon into small bite-sized squares about the same size as the veggies and put a bacon piece on each side of every steak chunk. This kept the steak crispy but not overcooked and allowed the bacon to cook fully as well. I served with extra a-1 on the side. Will be making this again for sure!!! Made for 1-2-3 tag.
My 16yo son made these for supper tonight, but he did them in the oven because it was too cold and windy to grill outside. They turned out very well, although I think the barbeque would have been even better. We had plenty for the four of us. We will definitely try this recipe again when it's nicer outdoors!