Recipe by Charlotte J
We cut about 3 pounds of asparagus out of garden every other day. So here is one more way we fix it.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 lb stir-fry beef, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefresh stir fry vegetables
- hot cooked rice, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet; add beef.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned (6 to 8 minutes).
- Add sauce, asparagus and vegetables.
- Cover; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and vegetables are heated through (6 to 8 minutes).
- Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.