Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
Make and share this Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb slender asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- steamed rice, for serving
- Lightly season the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin sauce, sherry, chili oil, and ½ cup water.
- In a wok or large frying pan over high heat, warm the peanut oil.
- Working in batches if needed to avoid crowding, add the beef and cook, turning once or twice, until lightly seared, 2-3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and asparagus to the pan and cook until tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- Return the meat and any juices from the plate to the pan, add the hoisin mixture, and mix well.
- Simmer briefly until heated through.
- Divide the rice among shallow bowls, top with beef and asparagus, and serve.