In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb slender asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- steamed rice, for serving
- 1Lightly season the beef with salt and pepper.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin sauce, sherry, chili oil, and ½ cup water.
- 3In a wok or large frying pan over high heat, warm the peanut oil.
- 4Working in batches if needed to avoid crowding, add the beef and cook, turning once or twice, until lightly seared, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- 6Add the onion and asparagus to the pan and cook until tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- 8Return the meat and any juices from the plate to the pan, add the hoisin mixture, and mix well.
- 9Simmer briefly until heated through.
- 10Divide the rice among shallow bowls, top with beef and asparagus, and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.0
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 360.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: