Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the Weekend magazine dated April 8th' 2005. Serve small portions of this dish as an appetiser or accompany this with light soup and steamed rice for a nice dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (roasted)
- 1⁄2 lb tender lean beef, sliced into thin strips, for stir-frying
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 -2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 lb tender young asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 2 inch pieces (approx. 16 to 20 stalks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients in a pot.
- Toss in the beef strips.
- Mix well and cover the pot.
- Refrigerate the mixture and allow it to marinate for atleast 30 minutes to many hours.
- Combine this marinade with enough water to make 1/3 cup.
- Add cornflour to this mixture, mix thoroughly well and keep aside.
- Add half of the peanut oil or grapeseed oil to a wok and heat on high flame.
- Fold in the asparagus and stir-fry on medium heat, tossing just until the pieces are heated through and their colour brightens. Remove from the wok and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok.
- Fold in the beef strips and stir-fry for a minute until the raw colour of the beef has gone.
- Add the reserved marinade mixture to the wok.
- On high flame, cook this until the sauce begins to thicken and turn glossy.
- Add the reserved asparagus to the wok. Toss it to mix with the beef and sauce.
- Cook for 30 seconds more or until the beef is cooked to taste.
- Serve immediately.