Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the Weekend magazine dated April 8th' 2005. Serve small portions of this dish as an appetiser or accompany this with light soup and steamed rice for a nice dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (roasted)
- 1⁄2 lb tender lean beef, sliced into thin strips, for stir-frying
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 -2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 lb tender young asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 2 inch pieces (approx. 16 to 20 stalks)
- Combine the first four ingredients in a pot.
- Toss in the beef strips.
- Mix well and cover the pot.
- Refrigerate the mixture and allow it to marinate for atleast 30 minutes to many hours.
- Combine this marinade with enough water to make 1/3 cup.
- Add cornflour to this mixture, mix thoroughly well and keep aside.
- Add half of the peanut oil or grapeseed oil to a wok and heat on high flame.
- Fold in the asparagus and stir-fry on medium heat, tossing just until the pieces are heated through and their colour brightens. Remove from the wok and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok.
- Fold in the beef strips and stir-fry for a minute until the raw colour of the beef has gone.
- Add the reserved marinade mixture to the wok.
- On high flame, cook this until the sauce begins to thicken and turn glossy.
- Add the reserved asparagus to the wok. Toss it to mix with the beef and sauce.
- Cook for 30 seconds more or until the beef is cooked to taste.
- Serve immediately.