1 hr 15 mins
This is from the Weekend magazine dated April 8th' 2005. Serve small portions of this dish as an appetiser or accompany this with light soup and steamed rice for a nice dinner. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil (roasted)
- 1/2 lb tender lean beef, sliced into thin strips, for stir-frying
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 -2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 lb tender young asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 2 inch pieces (approx. 16 to 20 stalks)
- 1Combine the first four ingredients in a pot.
- 2Toss in the beef strips.
- 3Mix well and cover the pot.
- 4Refrigerate the mixture and allow it to marinate for atleast 30 minutes to many hours.
- 5Combine this marinade with enough water to make 1/3 cup.
- 6Add cornflour to this mixture, mix thoroughly well and keep aside.
- 7Add half of the peanut oil or grapeseed oil to a wok and heat on high flame.
- 8Fold in the asparagus and stir-fry on medium heat, tossing just until the pieces are heated through and their colour brightens. Remove from the wok and keep aside.
- 9Add the remaining oil to the wok.
- 10Fold in the beef strips and stir-fry for a minute until the raw colour of the beef has gone.
- 11Add the reserved marinade mixture to the wok.
- 12On high flame, cook this until the sauce begins to thicken and turn glossy.
- 13Add the reserved asparagus to the wok. Toss it to mix with the beef and sauce.
- 14Cook for 30 seconds more or until the beef is cooked to taste.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 816.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.1 g