Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This looks so nice on a platter, decorated with cherriy tomatoes of all colours.
- 453.59 g center-cut beef tenderloin
- 44.37 ml coarse cracked black pepper
- kosher salt
- olive oil, for searing
- 20 asparagus spears, blanched until tender
- 14.79 ml grated prepared horseradish
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise, slightly thin
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan.
- Season the entire beef tender with kosher salt and pepper.
- Sear the beef on all sides until very brown.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise.
- In a small bowl combine the horseradish, mayonnaise, and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove the meat from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the beef into 10 thin slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of the beef and lay 2 spears of asparagus in the center of each piece of beef.
- Roll the beef up over the asparagus.
- Arrange on a platter and drizzle with additional mayonnaise.