Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great quick dish.. you can also leave the meat out for a meatless dish.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 (1 lb) beef top sirloin steak, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 yablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup broth until smooth, and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, or wok stir fry beef in oil for 1 minute or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add asparagus, onions, and garlic stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, tomato, basil, and oregano, stir fry 2 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp and tender.
- Add the wine, olives, salt, pepper, and remaining broth.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture, and gradually stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta, and serve with beef mixture.
This was such a good stir fry! So different from any other I've ever made, with the italian seasoning. Really enjoyed all the wonderful colors and flavors. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR Tag game.