Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker's Good & Easy Cookbook; one of my favorite ways to use leftover roast beef! Very good and very quick. I expect you could sub nonfat evaporated milk for the half & half to lighten it up, though I haven't tried doing so. I also usually use water-packed artichoke hearts and olive oil with a few herbs instead of the marinated hearts and reserved marinade.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, cut in half, drained (with 1 tbsp marinade reserved)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups leftover cooked beef roast, cut into bite-size pieces
- pepper, if desired
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp reserved marinade to boiling in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in marinade about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add half and half to skillet. Heat, stirring often, until hot. Add cheese, artichoke hearts, and beef and stir together. Stir in cooked and drained fettucine; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Serve immediately.