Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has earned Glynis Johns, stage and screen star, such a reputation that friends call ahead to request it as part of the dinner menu.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef top sirloin steaks, cut in bite-size pieces
- cooking oil, for deep-frying heated to 375 degrees
- Melt butter in top of double broiler over boiling water.
- Remove from heat; add flour and part of wine, mixing to a smooth paste.
- Add remaining wine; heat over water until thickened.
- Add cheese; heat until melted.
- Keep fondue warm.
- At serving time, heat cooking oil.
- Provide guests with long-handled forks.
- Each guest cook a cube on the fork and dips it into the fondue and then into other sauces and side dishes, including horseradish sauce, tartar sauce, mustard sauce, chopped chives chutney and the like.
- These accompaniments should be in small individual dishes clustered around each plate setting.