Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a cousin who's grandkids call her Beebee. She makes this for church functions a lot and it goes quickly!! It is easy and quick. ***I have modified the recipe as two people had trouble with their pie setting in the middle. I have added cornstarch and had no problems with the pie firming up***
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, jam, cornstarch and egg yolks; beat well.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees until the crust is brown and the middle of the pie is firm. Remove from oven.
- Make meringue with the 4 egg whites and 4 tablespoons sugar, beaten stiff.
- Put on top of pie and return to oven until meringue is slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
My pie did also not firm up. Any modifications to the recipe?? The flavor was good, so I think this recipe has potential.
Middle of pie did not become firm