Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This herbal tea really will help you sleep.
- 1⁄4 cup dried chamomile
- 1⁄4 cup dried linden leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon dried orange, blossoms
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon verbena
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl,stirring to combine.
- Store in airtight container.
- Use 1 tsp per cup of hot water,let steep a few minutes,strain and drink.
- These ingredients can be found at herb shops and health food stores.
A very nice, soothing tea that I enjoyed in the late evening. Made for the Comfort Cafe event.
This recipe sounds great. I've not tried it, but I'm giving it five stars because it's got almost the same ingredients as the herbal sleeping tablets I take and they really work. I'll try making the tea instead one night, it'd be nicer than taking tablets.
Let me say, first off, that I couldn't find the dried orange blossoms in my health food store's herb department. So, that may have changed the flavor of this somewhat- I decided to substitute 1/2 tsp dried orange peel (little chunks, not a powder) because that was the only orange thing they *did* have! Anyway, it turned out great anyway. You're right- this will put you right to sleep. BF and I had a cup of it each last night and immediately had trouble keeping our eyes open. (It's making me sleepy just thinking about it!) The flavor is really good- nice and herby with a nice very light citrus and mint flavor. I've got a nice little jar of this and I know I will be enjoying it frequently (nightly?). Thanks for posting.