Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This isn't really a recipe, it's more an idea which worked really well. I find it hard to get to sleep, but don't like having a hot drink before I go to bed because I end up waking up a couple of hours later then can't get back to sleep. I love the taste of Horlicks (malted milk) though, and find it really relaxing, and oats are meant to help you sleep so I tried adding it to a bowl of oatmeal and it tasted really yummy! It's a lot cheaper than buying flavoured oatmeal too, and you can add any type of malted milk/hot chocolate powders to it, or even flavoured milkshake (my brother likes banana Nesquik with cinnamon). Have fun trying it out!
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 -3 teaspoon instant malted milk powder (depends how strong you want it)
- 1⁄2 cup water (or milk if you like it creamy, sometimes I add soya milk)
- Put oatmeal in a bowl and mix in malted milk powder.
- Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, then stir.
- Either eat right away or microwave again to the consistency you like. Relax and enjoy!
Tasty, even in the afternoon! This was a nice warm dish that warmed up this snowy day. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Thanks Rainbow*Bubbles! :)
This is great! Had it at past midnight. So chocolatey creamy delicious! Placed chocolate drink in it and part water/part milk. I finished it quick! Less expensive than store bought. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2009.