Recipe by SmHerndon
This is a late-night fry-up for eccentrics who like their breakfast before bed. Good too for using up leftover potatoes & cold meats. Great with ham, too.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 medium sized boiled potatoes, diced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 drop milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in heavy skillet over low heat until crisp. Drain and pour off all but enough fat to coat bottom of skillet.
- Add onion, pepper, and potatoes to skillet. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Fry, turning occasionally until potatoes are golden brown and crusty.
- Beat eggs in bowl with drop of milk, and pour over potatoes. Crumble bacon over all. Cook and stir until eggs are just set. Serve at once on heated plates to four.
- A child-size glass of tomato juice (bloody mary, anyone) is good with the snack.