Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
A really good cheese soup. The recipe is from a stay at a B&B by my step-mom eons ago.
Make and share this Bed & Breakfast Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Cheez Whiz
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Boil carrots, green peppers and celery in boiling water in a large soup pot until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender in the same pot.
- Stir in flour and cook about 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, 1/2 & 1/2 and chicken broth. Cook until thick.
- Add cheeses and Cheese Whiz, cook and simmer until well combined.
- Add vegetables and beer and cook until bubbly and thick.
- Top with popcorn or croutons.