1 hr 30 mins
A really good cheese soup. The recipe is from a stay at a B&B by my step-mom eons ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Cheez Whiz
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1Boil carrots, green peppers and celery in boiling water in a large soup pot until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender in the same pot.
- 3Stir in flour and cook about 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add milk, 1/2 & 1/2 and chicken broth. Cook until thick.
- 4Add cheeses and Cheese Whiz, cook and simmer until well combined.
- 5Add vegetables and beer and cook until bubbly and thick.
- 6Top with popcorn or croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bed & Breakfast Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.1
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.8 mg
- Sodium 1608.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g