Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a really good egg casserole, it's simple, easy and taste great. I found this recipe in the "Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook".
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Beat the eggs with milk, salt, and mustard.
- Layer bread cubes in the bottom of a buttered 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Crumble the sausage over the bread and top with cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- When using a glass casserole, bake in 325 degree oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Note: it could just be my oven, but when i bake this, it takes about 90 minutes in a glass casserole dish, and i need to cover casserole with foil for the last 30 of those minutes; so it doesn't burn.
- This is really good with a little bit of maple syrup on top.