Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a really good egg casserole, it's simple, easy and taste great. I found this recipe in the "Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook".
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Beat the eggs with milk, salt, and mustard.
- Layer bread cubes in the bottom of a buttered 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Crumble the sausage over the bread and top with cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- When using a glass casserole, bake in 325 degree oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Note: it could just be my oven, but when i bake this, it takes about 90 minutes in a glass casserole dish, and i need to cover casserole with foil for the last 30 of those minutes; so it doesn't burn.
- This is really good with a little bit of maple syrup on top.
it is okay, but just sausage and scramble eggs and toast would have been alot better. it was not an improvent of the ingredients it took to make, it brought their original down. And the looks were not apealling. It was easy though and but the flaver was only okay.