I purchased some buckwheat out of curiosity, and then realized I had no recipes, so the hunt began and this is by far my favorite use for buckwheat! Very light.
- Pre heat waffle iron.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, buttermilk, and butter till well combined.
- Add to the dry ingredients just till blended.
- Cook in a pan sprayed waffle iron till crisp and brown.
- Serve w/ warm maple syrup and fresh strawberries.
These are very light for being buckwheat and wheat flour. And very tasty. I cut the recipe down to 1/3 and still got 4 waffles. Great with some real maple syrup!
This is a good recipe. I've done it 3 times already. Since it's only me and DW, I only do 1/3 the amount. We are satisfied, and there is a little left over just in case. The last time I only used 1 egg, although 1/3 the recipe would call for 2, since I really hate the taste of egg. They turned out great.