Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this recipe, it's delicious, pretty much everyone enjoys it, good for family get togethers, pot lucks, etc. I got the recipe several years ago from an old friend.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (cheddar or Mozzerella goes best)
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots (no you won't use the whole bag, but just a small bag won't be enough)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Fry hamburger until completely done (chop up in small chunks).
- In small bowl mix cream of mushroom and cream of celery. mix until well blended.
- In large casserole dish, combine hamburger and cream mix. spread so it covers the bottom.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top. ( use the whole bag for best taste).
- Place Tater tots on top. ( make sure the casserole is covered with tater tots).
- Place in oven until golden brown.
- Cool for about 20 minute.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. Why I liked this casserole why my hubby didn't think it was as flavorful as another recipe I used. My 9 yrs old newphew didn't like it. We didn't care for having to wait 20 minutes for it to thicken. Overall I would have it again. Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine
My husband told me to add this to our favorites so obviously it was a hit. Only change I made was to leave out the cream of celery soup... so I just used one can of cream of mushroom soup and it was plenty creamy. It wasn't quite hot enough at 20 minutes so I baked it a little longer. Thanks for the recipe!
My family loves, loves, loves this recipe! It has been added to my casserole rotation! The only changes that I make to the recipe when I make it are #1. I use ground chicken or turkey in place of the hamburger (my family does not eat red meat and #2. Sometimes I add veggies to the mix. Corn, green beans, and mushrooms all work great!