Recipe by farmwife
This is the soup that my friend Becky brings when we get together to scrapbook for the day. Good friends, good food it doesn't get any better than this.
Top Review by D. Baker
I guess I'm the only person here who made this soup and didn't get good results. The soup tasted so salty, that I ended up throwing the whole thing out. After adding the taco seasoning mix, it didn't taste too bad, but once I added the ranch dressing mix, I think that's the reason why the soup tasted extremely salty. I would highly suggest using low sodium ingredients when making this soup. Also, I would only add 1 can of the corn, as 2 seems a bit extreme, plus sub beef broth for the water, and add some other kind of tomatoes to the soup, as the one small can isn't enough. I doubt I'll be making this soup again.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 22 ounces white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups water (add more if needed)