Recipe by BecR
A quick, easy one pan meal that won't heat up the kitchen on those hot summer days! Kid friendly, if you omit the capers and use the lemon juice option vs. the wine. We like ours topped with Parmesan cheese at the table. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by woodland hues
Wunnerful, wunnerful comfort food, not reserved for summer only. This turned into a two pan preparation, as I prepared the pasta (used fusilli) then added milk, 1 egg, and cheddar cheese, and then the can of mushroom soup. In the other, a large skillet, I sauteed 1/2 cup diced onion plus 1 tbsp dried onion, 1 celery stalk diced, and then added 2 cups each baby spinach and baby bok choy, which I chopped. Added some white wine, 1 cup peas, pepper, capers, and sauteed till greens were wilted. Added this to the pasta pot and combined. Sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top. This was so good I know I'll make it again. Wunnerful, or have I said that already. Thanks for your posting, BecR
- 8 ounces egg noodles, measured dry (or pasta shells)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or may use cream of celery or cr. of chicken soup)
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (7 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup milk, scant
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth (or 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 -2 hardboiled egg, chopped (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water til al dente, drain.
- Return noodles to the pan. Stir in the soup, onion, peas, drained tuna, milk, wine or lemon juice, and the pepper.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly hot (about 5-10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the capers, cheese and the chopped eggs, if using. Continue to stir until cheese is melted and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.