Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tender beef sirloin strips and a variety of fresh toppings take this salad (or nachos) waaay over the top!!! Sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime is the only dressing you'll need, although we also like it with Thousand Island or Ranch. Note: For some super duper nachos, layer the meat and your favorite toppings between tortilla chips, top with shredded cheese and olives, and pop in the microwave for a minute, just until the cheese is melted--YUM!! ENJOY!
TACO SALAD WITH STEAK
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin, strips very thinly sliced
- 12 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (I used Criminis)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- minced garlic, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- garlic paste, to taste
- ground coriander
- salt & pepper
- 5 ounces of your favorite pre-washed mixed salad greens
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- sliced black olives
- sliced green onion
- chopped chili pepper
- fresh avocado, slices
- thinly sliced cucumber
- diced tomato
- fresh lime wedge
- chopped fresh cilantro
- mexican sour cream (or Ranch dressing)
- fresh baked corn tortilla chips
- chili powder
- refried beans
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally (until nicely browned).
- Add beef strips and seasonings to taste (I use plenty of garlic!). Stir well to coat. Cook @ 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until desired doneness.
- For Taco Salad:.
- Serve warm meat atop beds of mixed lettuce, tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, sliced black olives, green onions, avocado slices, squeeze of fresh lime juice, and crumbled chips (see list of toppings).
- For Nachos:.
- Alternatively, layer meat and your favorite toppings between layers of tortilla chips, top with shredded cheese, and pop into the microwave for a minute, just until cheese is melted.
- Top with a dollop of Mexican sour cream or Ranch dressing, a dash of chili powder, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
i just love a good salad and this is really good thank you for posting dee