Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like banana cake and chocolate cake, there's no way you won't LOVE this chocolate banana cake! It's moist, flavorful, and exceptionally decadent when topped with a great frosting. My new favorite shortcut for the frosting is to mix 1/2 c-3/4 c peanut butter into a tub of store-bought chocolate frosting. Quick, easy, to-die-for!! **TIP - As bananas in the fruit bowl start to get a little too dark, I throw them in the freezer. Then when I make this or anything that calls for bananas, I just defrost and squeeze them out of the skin - no mashing necessary! It's easy and I never have to worry about timing my banana purchases around my baking.
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (or devils food, if you dare!)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 6 ounces low-fat banana yogurt (1 small container)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Mix bananas until well mashed. If they were frozen, this step is very quick.
- Add the remaining ingredients, blend on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased cake pan or cupcake tin.
- Bake according to box mix directions, depending on the pan type you are using. You may need to add on an extra 2-5 minutes.
- Remove when toothpick test passes. Cool and ice.