Recipe by rsnelling42
If you like banana cake and chocolate cake, there's no way you won't LOVE this chocolate banana cake! It's moist, flavorful, and exceptionally decadent when topped with a great frosting. My new favorite shortcut for the frosting is to mix 1/2 c-3/4 c peanut butter into a tub of store-bought chocolate frosting. Quick, easy, to-die-for!! **TIP - As bananas in the fruit bowl start to get a little too dark, I throw them in the freezer. Then when I make this or anything that calls for bananas, I just defrost and squeeze them out of the skin - no mashing necessary! It's easy and I never have to worry about timing my banana purchases around my baking.
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (or devils food, if you dare!)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 6 ounces low-fat banana yogurt (1 small container)
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bananas until well mashed. If they were frozen, this step is very quick.
- Add the remaining ingredients, blend on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased cake pan or cupcake tin.
- Bake according to box mix directions, depending on the pan type you are using. You may need to add on an extra 2-5 minutes.
- Remove when toothpick test passes. Cool and ice.