Recipe by Sara E.
I got this recipe from my friend. I have been making chili for years, and recently made her recipe, and my family raved over how delicious it was. I'll never make my old recipe again. Absolutely delicious. The corn is optional but we really like it. Also, I do not cook the celery with the ground beef so it is a little crunchy, which is what I prefer. If you prefer, cook it with the beef and onion. I make this in a large crock pot, but you certainly could do on the stove top. You also can substitute any of your favorite beans for the kidney beans.
- 2 packets mccormick chili seasoning mix
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 -3 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- chopped cilantro, to taste (optional)