Recipe by Chef MB
This came from someone named Becky on WorldWideRecipes. Sounds like something yummy to have in the freezer for breakfast on those crazy mornings. (Wait, aren't they all crazy?)
- 3 cups frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1⁄2 lb bulk sausage, browned, drained and crumbled
- 6 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 dashes hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. If.
- using silicone muffin pan no need to spray.
- Thaw spinach in microwave and squeeze to drain well.
- Line each muffin cup with about 1/4 c hash browns.
- Beat together eggs and add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Divide between muffin cups. Top with 1 tsp of cheese on each one.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until set in middle. Remove from muffin tin and cool.
- Place 2 in sandwich bag and freeze. Remove from bag, warm in.
- microwave on paper towel 1 - 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cheese or meat is optional. Also can use any shredded or chopped vegetables such as broccoli, zucchini, etc. in place of spinach.