I wanted to make lasagna, but didn't have enough mozzarella or Parmesan, so I came up with this instead. It's best with homemade spaghetti sauce and fresh made turkey meatballs, but for a huge timesaver, store bought works quite well. Time listed is with premade meatballs and sauce. Recipe also freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak bread in milk. Add to ground turkey.
- 2Add parsley, salt and pepper. Mix gently with hands, careful not to overmix.
- 3Form into meatballs and put on a cookie sheet. They will likely flatten out some - this is fine.
- 4Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, flipping at halftime.
- 5Meanwhile, cook ziti according to package directions.
- 6Heat pasta sauce in small pot. Add approx 1/3 of the ricotta and stir till dissolved.
- 7Coat bottom of 3.5-4 quart casserole pan with sauce. Add 1/2 of the cooked noodles.
- 8Place 1/2 of the meatballs on top.
- 9Dot 1/2 of the ricotta in between meat balls.
- 10Add layer of sauce.
- 11Sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- 12Repeat with noodles, meatballs, ricotta, sauce and mozzarella.
- 13Bake at 375 for 30 minute Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Becky's Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.3
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 1313.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 46.6 g