Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I wanted to make lasagna, but didn't have enough mozzarella or Parmesan, so I came up with this instead. It's best with homemade spaghetti sauce and fresh made turkey meatballs, but for a huge timesaver, store bought works quite well. Time listed is with premade meatballs and sauce. Recipe also freezes well.
- Soak bread in milk. Add to ground turkey.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper. Mix gently with hands, careful not to overmix.
- Form into meatballs and put on a cookie sheet. They will likely flatten out some - this is fine.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, flipping at halftime.
- Meanwhile, cook ziti according to package directions.
- Heat pasta sauce in small pot. Add approx 1/3 of the ricotta and stir till dissolved.
- Coat bottom of 3.5-4 quart casserole pan with sauce. Add 1/2 of the cooked noodles.
- Place 1/2 of the meatballs on top.
- Dot 1/2 of the ricotta in between meat balls.
- Add layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- Repeat with noodles, meatballs, ricotta, sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minute Enjoy!