Recipe by Kree
I got this recipe from my college roommate a couple of years ago, and it has been my favorite apple crisp recipe ever since! Why use a mix when this is so easy and delicious?
Top Review by Jenny Sanders
When I first saw this recipe, I thought that this was basically the way I have been making apple crisp for years, except I don't measure; I just throw stuff into the bowl and mix. Apparently not quite. First, I added a lot more cinnamon - a teaspoon at least, and maybe more. Second, when I had the topping mixed, it didn't form crumbs, it was more like a dough - there was waaay more butter in there than I normally use. There was also a lot less oatmeal, so I doubled the oatmeal. That allowed it to form a looser crumb-y topping. The end result was absolutely delicious - that extra butter IS tasty, I'm sorry to say! Thanks, Kree!
- 6 -8 apples
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice apples and place in 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top and mix it into apples.
- Make topping by mixing brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, and butter in a bowl with your fingers.
- Spread topping over apples and bake uncovered at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm with whipped or ice cream or plain.