Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from my fabulous SIL. My brother dies of happiness every time she makes this for him.
- Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir well and add soft butter.
- Add hot tap water all at once.
- Beat with mixer at high speed for 1 minute. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Turn out on floured board in a ball. Knead 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a towel and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Punch down.
- Divide dough in half and shape each into a braid.
- Place in two greased 9 inch cake pans.
- Brush surface of dough with salad oil.
- Cover pans loosely with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove from fridge, uncover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from pan and immediately brush with butter.
Your recipe sounds so good, I was going to make it, Well you say to add soft butter, But you don't say how much. Bob