Recipe by ABfan13
This easy-to-make sauce is delicious over chicken, pasta, steamed veggies, and more! While the recipe calls for 2 cups of milk, you may need to add 1 Tbs. - 1/4 cup more to thin, depending on your heat and other variables. Remember, sauces thicken as they cool, but they still take quite a while to thicken (up to 15 minutes, depending on your heat).
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour, stirring constantly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add in the milk, stirring constantly, until thoroughly incorporated into butter mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, and minced garlic (I like using my garlic press for this). Stir frequently until thickened. See note for tip on thinning.