Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy-to-make sauce is delicious over chicken, pasta, steamed veggies, and more! While the recipe calls for 2 cups of milk, you may need to add 1 Tbs. - 1/4 cup more to thin, depending on your heat and other variables. Remember, sauces thicken as they cool, but they still take quite a while to thicken (up to 15 minutes, depending on your heat).
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour, stirring constantly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add in the milk, stirring constantly, until thoroughly incorporated into butter mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, and minced garlic (I like using my garlic press for this). Stir frequently until thickened. See note for tip on thinning.
Excellent white sauce. The oregano and garlic really are a nice addition. I used this on a grilled chicken breast marinated in your Easy Italian Chicken Marinade. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.