Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a saucepan melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- Add the chicken broth all at once.
- Cook and stir until the mixture is bubbly.
- Combine the egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Stir about half of the hot mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Return to the remaining hot mixture in the saucepan.
- Cook and stir sauce 2 minutes more.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups of sauce.