1/1 Photo of Bechamel Green Bean Casserole
This is one of our family favorites. Using fresh beans and mushrooms, combined with a seasoned white sauce, this tasty side dish will have your family clamoring for more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 -4 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs, toasted or 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1Boil green beans in lightly salted water 8-10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- 2To make white sauce, melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- 3Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Using a wire whisk, stir in milk; bring to a boil.
- 5Cook, whisking constantly 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Stir in dressing mix and white pepper; set aside.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Spray medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- 9Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- 10Remove half of onion mixture; set aside.
- 11Add mushrooms to onion mixture remaining in skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 12Combine skillet mushroom mixture, green beans and white sauce in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 13Combine bread crumbs with reserved onion mixture; sprinkle over casserole.
- 14Bake, UNCOVERED, 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bechamel Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix