Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one that I learned from a friend of mine. I think it's a tasty way to do chicken on the BBQ Grill. (Time to make does not include marinating time of 2-4 hours.)
- Pierce the chicken breasts all over with a fork.
- Pour the oil and vinegar into a large plastic zip-top bag.
- Add in the brown sugar, the black pepper, the smashed garlic, the onion slices, and the sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
- Seal bag, and "knead around" to mix well.
- Put the chicken breasts into the bag with the marinade; reseal bag and knead it around to coat all the surfaces of the chicken. Place the bag into the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. (Occasionally knead bag).
- When you have your coals ready on your BBQ grill, take out the sprigs of rosemary, and thyme and lay them directly on the top of the coals. Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over the heat. Grill 5-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is done.
This was a very good, flavorful recipe. The chicken came out dark and lovely on the outside, moist and juicy inside. The ingredients were ones I typically have on hand, whichi is a definite plus! All in all, this was an easy, fairly quick recipe that gave great results. Definitely one I'll make again--probably often. Thanks so much for sharing, Bert's Kitchen Witch!
This was so good! I let it marinate for right at two hours I couldn't put the rosemary on coals because I used a gas grill. I can't wait to make this again! Thanks for sharing.
Tasty and easy to prepare. Thanks.