Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another magazine recipe find. The picture was so beautiful and all the ingredients are ones I love. This will go so well at a cook-out in the summer. I cannot wait until strawberry season. I know that you could use frozen strawberries, but there's nothing like fresh. I substituted low-cal ingredients where I could to make this friendlier for our waist-lines.
- 2 (4 ounce) packages sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups skim milk
- 5 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free strawberry jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed and tops trimmed and reserved
- 1 (13 ounce) box strawberry shortcake rolls (recommended Little Debbie)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed if frozen
- Prepare the pudding with the milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit and stir in 1/4 cup strawberry jam; set aside.
- Cut the pound cake into 12 slices. Cut the slices diagonally (they'll look like triangles) and place some jam on 1 edge and glue the two pieces together (this looks like the sails on a sailboat).
- Place the "sails" around the edges of a trifle bowl. (You should have 6 "sails).
- Slice the shortcake rolls into 4 pieces. Arrange 2 slices on each side of the pound-cake triangles against the bowl. Place the trimmings from the pound cake in the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pudding into the trifle bowl. Top with 1/2 the fruit, the remaining pudding, then remaining fruit.
- Top with the whipped topping and more fruit, if desired.