Recipe by Susan Lee
This is the most beautiful lasagna ever! The layers of zucchini, carrots and spinach make a dish that is delicious and a delight to the eye. Perfect for a luncheon. It tastes as good as it looks!
Top Review by BonnieZ
This really was an excellent recipe, both in taste and in presentation. For dietary reasons I did use egg substitute and fat free mozerella instead of the provolone to cut back the fat. Also I sauteed a clove of garlic with both the zucchini and carrots which gave the veggies nice flavor. Used Barilla no bake noodles, and increased the cooking time by 10 minutes to compensate. Thank you Susan Lee for shring the recipe. It is one I am sure to return to.
- 709.77 ml grated zucchini
- 709.77 ml grated carrots
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked 4 minutes in microwave and drained
- 591.47 ml marinara sauce
- 226.79 g lasagna noodle, cooked
- 226.79 g provolone cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute zucchini and carrots separately in 1/2 TB oil each under tender-crisp.
- Combine eggs and parmesan.
- Place each veggie in a bowl.
- Add 1/3 of egg-cheese mixture to each veggie.
- Spoon 2/3 cup sauce into 9 inch squre baking dish.
- Place half of noodles over sauce.
- Spread spinach over noodles.
- Top with 1/3 of Provolone cheese, carrots, 2/3 c sauce, another 1/3 of Provolone and zucchini.
- Top with remaining noodles, then sauce.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining Provolone.
- Bake 10 minutes more, uncovered.
- Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.