Recipe by gailanng
This makes enough for about 10 servings and would be great for a potluck or picnic.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 1⁄2 ounces spring mixed salad greens (1/2 of a 5 oz. bag)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 2 chopped avocados, skin and seed removed
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained reserving 2 Tbsp. liquid
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- poppy seed dressing (amount to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 11' X 15" glass baking pan mix Romaine and spring mix together breaking up larger pieces into bite size pieces.
- Drizzle the reserved 2 tablespoons liquid from mandarin oranges over apples and avocados to prevent them from turning brown.
- Layer rest of ingredients in order given. Chill.
- Sprinkle walnuts over salad just before serving. Serve with poppyseed salad dressing.