This makes enough for about 10 servings and would be great for a potluck or picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 1/2 ounces spring mixed salad greens (1/2 of a 5 oz. bag)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 2 chopped avocados, skin and seed removed
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained reserving 2 Tbsp. liquid
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- poppy seed dressing (amount to taste)
- 1In 11' X 15" glass baking pan mix Romaine and spring mix together breaking up larger pieces into bite size pieces.
- 2Drizzle the reserved 2 tablespoons liquid from mandarin oranges over apples and avocados to prevent them from turning brown.
- 3Layer rest of ingredients in order given. Chill.
- 4Sprinkle walnuts over salad just before serving. Serve with poppyseed salad dressing.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beautiful Salad
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens